Enjoy this Belgian delicacy!
The number 8 and the color yellow in the Chinese culture.
In the Chinese culture certain numbers stand for happiness, depending on the positive or negative meaning of the Chinese word that sounds alike.
The number 8 is a lucky number for the Chinese people – 8 is pronounced “ba” and sounds very much like the word that is used for prosperity and wealth “fa”.
8 looks like the symbol for eternity ∞ and resembles a knot, which symbolizes a successful union.
Some examples :
- the Olympic Games in 2008 in Beijing started on August 8 at 8 minutes and 8 seconds past 8 o’clock or 8:08:08 dated 08-08-08
- many Chinese couples want to get married on the 8th.
- a lot of shops and restaurants plan their opening date on the 8th.
- the price of property on the 8th floor is sometimes higher than of other floors
- car license plates with several times 8 are very popular
- 888 is a combination of digits that brings the most fortune in the Chinese numerology.
888 is considered a symbol of wealth and prosperity during 1000 years!
The color yellow is a lucky color in the Chinese culture.
Yellow reflects the earth and is considered the most beautiful and prestigious color of all. Yellow is the origin of “Yin and Yang” – the center of the universe.